"Server back up" immediately after "Suspended by you"

So I have a few questions… Why does it say that the server is back up after I suspended it? Is it running or suspended? And why are there two suspension events? One “Service suspended” and then immediately after “Suspended by you”?

Hello,

The duplicate suspension messages are related to how we persist events on the backend. The first event was you initiating the suspension request and the second was the suspension triggering on the backend. I can see how that could be confusing. I’ll open up an issue internally to see what we can do about that.

The server back up event seems to have been triggered by a timing issue. It looks like the server failed and restarted right around the time you suspended the server. The suspension is not quite immediate, so the server managed to come back up before ultimately being suspended.

Sorry for the confusion on that.

I’ve tried this multiple times now and for the life of me I’m not able to actually suspend the service. Every time I go through the resume/suspend cycle there’s immediately another event “Server back up”. It happens without fail, and every time I go back to the Settings tab the button says “Resume Web Service” even though the event log suggests that the service is up and running!

So how can I actually suspend this service? And how can I determine in the UI whether my service is actually running, in the process of being suspended, or suspended?

The service in question is srv-c09kg3jjbvmfckoic1pg.