No logs went to datadog

I just found there is a way to specify api key and connect datadog. I gave it a try. but after setting up for half an hour, no data shown up in datadog.

Anyone saw similar issues?

2 Likes

Hi @qevan,

Did you follow these instructions for setting up logstreams with datadog?

yes. used the endpoint in the doc and my own api key.

Do you happen to know if your datadog account is in the US or the EU region?

US. I think.

It looks like you have quite a few teams can you confirm which team you enabled these streams for? They would have to be set up on a team by team basis.

let me msg you in DM.

same issue here

1 Like

Hi @nftnoob,

Can you confirm you are using the correct endpoint for your service listed here https://render.com/docs/log-streams#datadog ?

I’m having this problem too and am not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I copied the datadog API key from this page.

I’m in the US, so I used intake.logs.datadoghq.com:10516 from this page.

Those settings were entered into my account-level settings.

Am I missing a step?

I’m mainly trying to see application errors on a Django app. I think something with static files is causing an error, but they don’t appear in the logs in the dashboard. The dashboard said to try log streaming to get more information. This is my first time trying Render.

1 Like

Based on this page and a suggestion from someone at datadog, I changed the endpoint in Render’s team dashboard to agent-intake.logs.datadoghq.com:443, but the logs still aren’t showing up in datadog.

Has anyone managed to get the log streaming to work? I’m wondering if the logging docs are out of date.

Wowsers it seems like this should be easy. I cannot get logs to stream to DataDog from render. Yes I did follow the directions. Is there anyone who actually has datadog streaming working?

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I fixed it, but I resaved things a bunch of times when tinkering with the settings, changed it back to port 10516, and it eventually started working.

Did anyone figure out a definitive solution for this? I’m struggling with the same issue and when I go to my DataDog logging page it just sends me to onboarding