Is there a way to manually create a preview environment for a PR?

I’m trying to find a workaround for Support PR Previews from different repos | Feature Requests | Render since I’m testing out https://graphite.dev/ for stacked PRs (sets of PRs where each PR’s merge base is the previous PR with the bottommost PR targeting main). Is there any way to create a Preview Environment for PRs that are not at the base of this stack? Perhaps a way to manually trigger the Preview Environment creation?

Hey Jason,
We don’t yet have a way to trigger this via our API and as you’ve found, our preview environments will only trigger when they are into the branch that the primary service is deploying,

Regards,

John B

1 Like

FYI, I’ve worked around this by creating a script that uses GitHub’s CLI to switch the base branch to main, push an empty commit, then change the base back and then remove the empty commit. It’s been working fairly well in our testing (although it is a bit annoying to have to run it manually).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.