Free app not spinning up automatically

Hi all,

I have a nodejs api that deploys perfectly, runs well while it has incoming traffic, but after it spins down it won’t spin up with new traffic, I need to manually restart it from the dashboard. From the docs:

Render spins the service back up whenever it next receives a request to process.
Spinning up a service takes a few seconds, which causes a noticeable delay for incoming requests until the service is back up and running.

I’ve done multiple requests, and the service stays down. After a few attempts, I always have to end up going to the dashboard, restart from there. Is there something to configure that I’ve missed?

Cheers,
Alex

Hi,

If your free Web Service has a successful deploy, the spin-up on request shouldn’t need any further configuration.

However, you’ve not provided much detail here, so it’s hard to offer any advice or try to diagnose any issues you’re seeing.

Please could you share some specific details of the issue you are experiencing that may help us troubleshoot it with you, e.g. any logs/errors/output, specific URLs, service name/ID, reproduction steps, etc.

If you don’t want to share these details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket from the “Help” or “Contact Support” links while logged into the Dashboard.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.