Requests to back end take long

I deployed my full-stack app on Render and it all seems to be working as intended but I’ve noticed that the first time my home page loads and I want to make a request to the back end in order to fetch a certain list of data or if I move to my account component for example in order to login it takes a lot longer in comparison to development mode. I’m not sure if that’s normal behaviour of the host just wondering if anyone experienced something similar. Thanks in advance.
Here’s a link to my project https://github.com/tneos/ellnot-online

I have the same experience. I think this is because a free tier postgres db is very slow, so any query takes longer to be processed than usual.

Hi,

It sounds like you’re describing the spin-down behavior of free instance types: Deploy for Free | Render Docs.

Web Services on the free instance type are automatically spun down after 15 minutes of inactivity. When a new request for a free service comes in, Render spins it up again so it can process the request.

This can cause a response delay…

The time taken to spin back up will vary, but it won’t be instant. If you want to avoid the spin-down/spin-up behavior you can use paid instance types.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.