Databases aren't being created in Frankfurt

Hey Render, I’ve tried creating a PostgreSQL database in Frankfurt region, but it’s been stuck in “Creating…” state for half an hour. I confirmed this is only related to Frankfurt, because a database in Oregon is successfully created within a minute.

Hi @vadimdemedes ,

Thank you for letting us know. I’m investigating now, and will provide an update as soon as I have one.

I’ve done a couple of tests, and see that new EU databases are creating successfully. I’ve looked into the logs for your database and am unable to determine why it was having trouble starting, but I’m doing more investigation to determine the root cause. It looks like there was some temporary issue with database creation.

Can you try creating a new EU database and let me know if it works for you now?

I wanted to follow up with some more information: We saw that there was a temporary capacity issue with our EU databases that prevented new database creation for about one hour. We were able to identify the root cause that prevented us from scaling (a component of our infrastructure had reached a soft cap), and have resolved the issue.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please let me know if you have any more issues.

Hey Dan, thank you, it’s working now.