Quick Instance Variations

I’ve been experimenting with Render to see if it will work to fufill my needs. I’ve been exploring the documentation, and haven’t found anything about instantiating services with either different run commands or environment variables.

The project I’ve been working on is a data science pipeline for many predefined geographical regions in the repository. My particular use case involves instantiating a background worker (either with environment variables or run command) and an additional container (specified in my yaml) to run the workflow for the chosen region with minimal setup (and have processes running for different region initialization) in parallel.

Is this possible to do here with Render’s feature set?

Hey,

With Render, you will definitely be able to instantiate your service with any build/start command, this is fully customizable as well as editable for future deployments. You can also set environment variables straight from the dashboard easily.

Additionally, you can have a quick look at this tutorial that is explaining how to deploy a background worker service via Render: https://render.com/docs/deploy-celery

Jérémy, Render Support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.