Private Service Infra Changes on 11/16?

I have a private service running a Docker container. It runs the same process over and over every 20 minutes. Everything was working fine until 10:44am PT on 11/16, when a new deploy with the same commit hash that had been running for weeks was triggered “by Render”. Since then, the process it runs errors out.

No code was changed, and the Docker container continues to run successfully on my local Macbook.

So, what changed on Render on 11/16 that could cause this problem? Was hardware changed? Something else under the Docker container?

Thanks!

Hi there,

It looks like an issue with Chrome/ChromeDriver timing out. Do you happen to update these on a restart of your service?

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia:

No, they are updated on Docker build, which only happens when I push a new deploy. Deploying the same commit twice or restarting shouldn’t affect it. Also, the same code runs fine on a Macbook.

So it seems that something updated outside the Docker container as far as I can tell. Do you know why Render triggered a redeploy on that day?

Hmmm…I just managed to fix this by updating the image version and some underlying packages. Something must have autoupdated within the instance I was unaware of. You can close this for now. Thank you for looking into it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.