Possible to set build dependencies between services?

Hello!

I’m wondering if it is possible to tell Render what services depend on what other services so that they build in the correct order.

For example, I have a monorepo with an API and a static site. The static site reads the API on build before deployment. If making changes to the API and the Static site, it’s important that the API be built and deployed before the static site is generated.

Any current solutions for this?

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan,

We don’t have this capability today. I’d encourage you to upvote this existing feature request at https://feedback.render.com/features/p/dependent-services-and-sequential-deploys. It helps to include as much context as possible about your use case, the problem you’re looking to solve, and how you’re getting around it today to help us develop the best possible solution (basically, copy/paste what you included above, that’s perfect).

We rely heavily on customer feedback as a part of our planning and product roadmap process, so capturing interest on the feature request page is very helpful.

Regards,

Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.