NextJS deployment issues

Hi Folks,

I am seeking help because I failed to detect what is an issue which is causing my build to fail.

I have a BlitzJS application. It’s basically a full-stack framework based on NextJS. Suddenly my build starts on timeout when NextJS is trying to generate SSR data for pages. What is important, I just changed the Prisma seed, nothing really related to a deployment configuration.

I also reverted all changes to the point where the application was deployed properly, and it’s timing out anyway.

Do you have ANY ideas about what can be an issue?

Hi there,

Can you manually deploy the last successful commit? The manual deploy button gives this option.

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia:

This is the weirdest thing: manual deployment to the last successful commit was… unsuccessful. It’s also timing out. I even switched from starter to instance, and it still doesn’t work. I’m wondering if there is anything that has changed in Render in the last 2-3 months. I wasn’t able to find anything in the news.

Hi there,

I don’t believe anything has changed which could have caused this. Changing the instance type will not do anything, as this is being run in the build process, and all builds, regardless of runtime instance type, are run on the same size instance.

I’m not sure why this is happening. Can you please open a ticket from our dashboard so we can look at your specific service having an issue?

Regards,

Keith

I have a similar issue. I have noticed that deployment for my application has been unstable since i applied the maintenance in early August. For same application i have noticed if i start a fresh service it completes however if i make a new commit and deploy it times out almost every time. This was happening previously also but previously success rate was 50% now i haven’t had any successful deployment after the first when service is created. I have tried moving to paid plan, creating my healthcheck end point but nothing is working.

Hi there,

If you are having just general deployment issues, with no specific errors for NextJS applications and are using NextJS 13.4.x, please try setting the PORT environment variable to 10000 to see if it helps.

Regards,

Keith

1 Like

Thanks you so much, The setting environment PORT actually work on my project

Full disclosure, the setting of the PORT environment variable is to prevent our platform from picking up the second port from this issue: https://github.com/vercel/next.js/issues/49677. In some cases, you will see all the open ports our platform has detected as they will be listed in the header on our service. Setting the PORT environment variable stops our port detection process and we don’t check connections can be made on ports besides 10000.

Keith

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.