Multiple profiles configuration on the CLI

I am using Render CLI and I have two questions:

• Is it not possible to create the second profile just yet? I don’t see any command under render config to create the second profile. render config init or render config init --force only rewrites the default profile.
  • Is --profile option (also known as -p option) not working just yet? I manually created the below config but the commands render services list -p default and render services list -p second show the same result. :thinking:

My config:

version: 1
sshPreserveHosts: true
profiles:
  default:
    defaultRegion: oregon
    apiKey: redacted
  second:
    defaultRegion: oregon
    apiKey: redacted

Hi Arun–

Looks like a bug in profile selection. Profiles are still a bit of a stub, and that’s a good call-out that we should clear that up.

As this is an open-source project, we are attempting to centralize discussion on the GitHub repository; please post further issues there. I have posted an issue to track: Finish out profile management · Issue #46 · render-oss/render-cli · GitHub

In addition, if this is related to the 1Password work you (I think it was you?) asked about, please reach out to us directly at oss@render.com to discuss the best way to handle this.

Thanks for your help!

-Ed

1 Like

Thank you for your patience, Ed. Been backed up with a few other things lately, and I just had a chance to followup here.

I see a new sub-command for profile addition which is great news:

I’ll reach out by email to discuss a few other things though. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.