Latency of Render's Postgres vs Google Cloud SQL postgres

Simple queries from a render application to a render postgres take about 1-2ms… these same queries with the same database specs in Google Cloud SQL also hosted in Oregon take about 14ms on average… is there any thing I can do to get this to match? I would think that if it’s in the same Google Cloud region it should be about just as fast?

Seems that if I use Render’s external connectoin URL time time goes up to 28ms for the same query, s it seems the biggest factor in the time is that render’s app → render’s postgres can be in the same network…

Hi Kevin,

You’re on the right track there. Render can only make requests within a Render Virtual Private Cloud today.

We don’t currently have VPC Peering into other networks (e.g. GCP, AWS, etc.). If that’s something you’d find valuable I’d encourage you to submit a feature request at https://feedback.render.com/.

We rely heavily on customer feedback as a part of our planning and product roadmap process, so capturing interest on the feature request page is very helpful.

Regards,

Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.