Error: P1001: Can't reach database server at `dpg-ceh1f8sgqg438rgnjt1g-a.oregon-postgres.render.com`:`5432`

I was developing an API using Express Js, Prisma is the ORM am using and I decided to use Render DB and connect using an external db_url. When i try to migrate I get the error below

Error: P1001: Can't reach database server at `dpg-ceh1f8sgqg438rgnjt1g-a.oregon-postgres.render.com`:`5432`

Hey there

Just throwing some thing out here. Are you using PgBouncer or some other pooler? Could this be a similar issue to this:
Using PgBouncer with Prisma - General - Render

Hey,

Without more context on how you’re calling the Render db from your code, it’s tough to help. I was able to access your Render database from an external source without any problem.

1. Verify that you’re able to access the Render db from your machine by using the “External Database URL” and “PSQL Command” (available in the db info)
  2. Provide more context about how you’re calling Render’s db from your code

If it’s still not working, please contact us through the “Contact Support” form via your dashboard and provide the credentials you’re using to connect.

Jérémy, Render Support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.