Deploying Node JS application

Hello Im trying to deploy and application that is using Node.js, Im new to render but I have deployed a couple applications already however for this app when i try to deploy it starts successfully but continues to say “In progress” until it eventually fails, I have no clue why this is happening and would really appreciate some help with the issue.

Thanks in advance

hello, have you been able to fix it, i have the same issues

Unfortunately I have not been able to resolve the issue yet still trying to figure out what the root cause of the failure is, render does not make it easy to see why/whats causing your application to fail.

i sucessfully deployed mine but its not sending data to the frontend im getting this message {
“message”: "ENOENT: no such file or directory
}

do you mind if i know how you deployed yuours ? did you use npm install for the build or start

Same here my app gets past deploying … starts …then just eventually fails for some reason, how are you seeing that you are getting the ENOENT error, mine never displays an error? In the build cmd I used npm install instead of the default yarn and to start my sever i used npm start since i have a start command in my package json.

Just a quick update for anyone that may be having this issue, the problem ended up being my fetch request on the backend

it appears node does not flat out use fetch(), this is currently consider experimental, when you start your server and your site makes a request your should see the following error if you are using Node.js v19.0.0.

“(node:18160) ExperimentalWarning: The Fetch API is an experimental feature. This feature could change at any time
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)”

although the application works fine on localhost, you will run into the same issue i was having

As a result i had to npm install node-fetch (the second version, but should work with v3 if you are using ESM)

this resolved the issue. PS dont forget to enter your .env variables in environment tab on render before deploying, these variable are by default already strings so no need to include your " ".

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.