Deploy gets stuck and never finishes

@dan I’m still getting several deploy failures. Seems like some just randomly work and some randomly fail. Where can I view additional logs?

1 Like

@dan We’ve also just started getting similar deploy failures. Sounds eerily like a similar issue to the one @ajswell is having. Is this a system-wide problem?

An update for everyone - this issue should now be resolved. For some more details, you can view our Status page on the incident here: Render Status - Some Deploys Failing

Apologies for the disruption!

@arunesh90 , I just wanted to follow up with an update. The team writing the RCA let me know that it’s taking a bit longer than expected, and that they will miss the deadline to publish it this week, unfortunately. They will be publishing the RCA next week.

1 Like

Hi @arunesh90, we’ve published the RCA on our status page, you can view it here: Render Status - New deploys for dynamic apps failing in Frankfurt

Sorry for the delay, if you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out!

I’ve started seeing this issue also. My deploys are failing due to a timeout but I can see that the build was succeessful in the logs

Jun 19 11:58:00 AM ==> Uploading build…
Jun 19 11:58:26 AM ==> Build successful :tada:
Jun 19 11:58:26 AM ==> Deploying…

Additionally, is there some way I can coordinate my web app to only get deployed if my api server deployment succeeds and vice-versa?

I’m having the same issue with my Redis deploy as well right now.

I’m getting the same issue where deploy is stuck.

Sorry that you’re having issues. We are taking a look into this now.

This should now be resolved. Some services with disks ran into an issue with the underlying cloud provider. We currently have an high priority issue open with them to get this fixed. Sorry for the disruption.

I’m also currently experiencing this issue - both static sites and docker services in new preview environments hang on deploy. No errors, gets through the build phase, but deploy stays “in progress”.

Hosting region is Oregon.

Hi,
Facing this issue for the rails app.
Hosting region is Oregon.

We are currently looking into this issue. We will share updates here: Render Status - Some deploys failing

1 Like

Probably not helpful, but I’ll add that I’m seeing it too, on a Go application in the Oregon region.

Has this been fully resolved? The status page says it was resolved 3 hours ago but my deployment is still stuck on “In progress”. The build is successful and there aren’t any errors, but it never fully finishes.

Hello @DrewR - yes, we believe this issue is fully resolved now.

Your deploy issue seems like it might be unrelated- before the incident, were you able to get a successful deploy? Your build might be succeeding, but you should make sure that your start command is working correctly as well, as that can be another point of failure.

I am running into the same issue again today. For me not even a clean deploy is solving it.
Right now there is now way to get a new version deployed.

i’ve the same issue too, i try to delete and rebuild both django and redis web service but isn’t solving it…

I still run into this issue very randomly and its extremely annoying.
Its also not a good sign if there is not any kind of official reaction until today…

Hi @littleStudent,

Our apologies for the delayed response. We are still investigating why this is happening and we apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes