Certificate Pending for hours?

How long should custom domain certificates take?

The “www” one got issued within a couple of minutes but a couple of hours later I’m still “Certificate Pending” on the root domain (maybe.co).

Hi @Shpigford, it should be on the order of minutes rather than hours. I’ll take a closer look to see what’s going on.

It appears as though the certificate has now been issued. We’ll continue investigating to understand what caused the delay. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience.

1 Like

I’m running into the same problems. My root domain flipped between Cert issued and Cert error when I tried to remove the certificate for the wildcard domain (after it stuck at Cert pending for a long time).

Right now I’ve got the root domain and www working, but not the wildcard one. Can someone look into this? Thanks.

@anh I think we’ve got you all sorted now…can you verify?

Looks like it works now according to the Status page for the service. Any particular reason why this happened?

Specifically, in this case, there were a lot of failed certificate verification requests that were rate limited by LetsEncrypt and they all expired today so the certificate verification was successful.

John B

I’m facing the same problem. It has been hours since certificate is in pending state. Render url: https://mysite-4uf8.onrender.com

Can someone please look into it.

facing same issue on the root domain (gethelpanytime.online)