Build issues with python dependencies

Hi all. I did search prior to posting.

I am launching a web.app via render. There were a number of python dependencies in the flask app, which were included in the requirements file. However during build there were multiple failures, albeit the I had to discover them in serial fashion making the process very slow and painful.

Is there a way of addressing this issue, during build this type of dependency error message would appear:

Nov 14 01:31:14 AM ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement cycler==0.12.1 (from -r requirements.txt (line 5)) (from versions: 0.9.0, 0.10.0, 0.11.0)
Nov 14 01:31:14 AM ERROR: No matching distribution found for cycler==0.12.1 (from -r requirements.txt (line 5))

to “fix” it, either I would need to change the version in the requirements file or remove it (if it were a legacy requirement - obviously the latter isn’t a fix as such).

This even happened with Python version itself, where render docs recommended a specific version, I subsequently changed the requirements file to that version, and it say it wasn’t supported (bizarre!).

Is there anyway to run through dependencies prior to build, so that the process of committing etc after every single rejection can be made smoother? and also anyway to know which dependencies versions are supported?

Hi there,

cycler==0.12.1 requires Python >=3.8. Please update the Python version so you use a Python version that your dependencies require.

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia:

1 Like

I have to say deploying using python packages is very time consuming, as there is no way to know which packages and versions are compatible. constantly editing and committing zzz…

and now this error, with no real info to assist:

File “/opt/render/project/src/.venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/wrappers.py”, line 162, in _call_hook
Nov 28 02:19:25 AM raise BackendUnavailable
Nov 28 02:19:25 AM pip._vendor.pep517.wrappers.BackendUnavailable

Hi there,

Try upgrading pip so your build command will be something like pip install --upgrade pip && pip -r requirements.txt .

Regards,

Keith

this worked. thanks. not sure why it says I’m using pip x rather than the latest version. but hey.

Hi there,

This is because on Render our Python native environment still uses an old version of Pip. It is not something you are doing.

Regards,

Keith

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.