Flask app failing to deploy because of werkzeug version

Been trying to solve this is issue for some time, saw some of the other forum posts but they didn’t seem very helpful. My current versions for Flask, Flask SQLalchemy and werkzeug are as follows Flask==2.1.0
Flask-SQLAlchemy==2.4.3
Werkzeug==2.1.1

these are compatible with render’s deployment but then I get this issue AttributeError: ‘LocalStack’ object has no attribute ‘ident_func

what’s the perfect version mix between all these three so it can work out and I can deploy my application?

Hi there,

Per the Werkzeug website it looks like v2.1.1 is an outdated version. Have you tried using the latest version in tandem with at least Python v3.8 (which can be set as an environment variable within your Render Dashboard)?

That’s where I would start.

Regards,
Mike

Render Support Engineer, MT (UTC-6)

I’m trying to deploy my app and it seems like a lot of python packages latest versions aren’t available. This is a bit frustrating for some. And, more so because I have to go one by one watching the builds fail.

Is there any where I can supported packages?

Hi there,

Unfortunately I won’t be of much help here, as I am not a Python expert. My recommendation would be to reach out to some Python communities to get advice on how to best manage package versions.

Regards,
Mike

Render Support Engineer, MT (UTC-6)

Render defaults to Python 3.7.10. More and more packages are requiring 3.8 at a minimum. Change the version of Python that Render is using via the above details.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.