Bandwidth requirement

I am planning to move all my static apps (angular SPA) with very few image assets. I am finding it hard to guess what the bandwidth requirement would be and how far the free quota of 100 gm would suffice?

Any directions there?

Hi @ssrini,

Are you trying to predict the bandwidth per site or total bandwidth across all? Each static site is allowed up to 100 GB/month in egress bandwidth (network traffic sent by your code) very few static sites ever reach that limit.

Hi @tyler

I was trying to figure out if 100gb was a good limit for all the sites and/or what additional bandwidth I need to plan for.

The description in the pricing page says 100GB per Service. Your answer points to 100GB per site which is generous.

Can you please confirm if this is per service or per site? In that case is that also 100 GB per web service? I plan on recommending render to a couple of my customers and want to be sure before passing on this info.

Cheers

My apologies for the confusion, the 100GB bandwidth limit is for any web service or static site running on Render.

1 Like

Hi @tyler My apologies for being a little dense here :slight_smile:

the 100GB bandwidth limit is for any web service or static site running on Render.

So what you are confirming is that the limit is per site and not for all sites?

Thanks for your patience

Hey @ssrini. Yes, the 100GB bandwidth limit is per-site.

1 Like

Awesome @jake Thanks to @tyler also for patiently answering me. Look forward to moving all my services (node included) shortly.

Cheers

1 Like