Access files of wordpress?

Hello,

I have used the official render wordpress deploy template, but i need to get access to the files, how can i do that? Something like ftp or anything?

Hello! You should be able to access the Wordpress files stored in your disk, although the methods of doing this right now aren’t very direct.

Go to the “Shell” tab for your service and install magic-wormhole . Note that dumpcommand is just a placeholder for whatever command you use for your generating a dump of your data.

dumpcommand $db_name > dump
apt update && apt install magic-wormhole
wormhole send dump

Check out this link for more info on the service and what the use case looks like. Make note of the code that appears in the output from wormhole. Then from any internet-connected machine, install magic wormhole and run wormhole receive , entering in the code when prompted.

Another way is through uploading to GCS with a signed URL. Other clouds have equivalent features.

We do have a feature request for direct downloads of disk contents, so please vote for this as well and you’ll be updated when we have any news. Download data from Render disks | Feature Requests | Render

apt update && apt install magic-wormhole

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?

Tried sudo: sudo command not found.

You’re going to want to include that in the image via the Dockerfile. I’ll have this change which adds wormhole merged into our Wordpress example, but in the meantime, you can apply the change to your own repo and it should give you wormhole.