uWSGI with Flask app not working

Hello, I am trying to run a Flask app (python) using uWSGI. Whenever I deploy the project, it will say that it is building in progress for a while, and then says the build has failed, even though I get a message saying the server is online, etc. Additionally, when I try to visit the website, I get a message saying “Internal Server Error” even though nothing is displayed in the console.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I’ve been working on this for a couple of days now, and it is getting really repetitive.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

You’ve not really shared a lot of detail here, are there any errors in the deploy logs? Or runtime logs? “Internal Server Error” will more than likely be coming from your app and I would expect a stacktrace to be output to the logs. If you’ve had any successful deploys, a subsequent failed deploy will still appear to “work” as it would be falling back to the last successful one.

The first thing to check/rule out would be that you’re binding to 0.0.0.0, and our default port, 10000 (Also available by default in the PORT environment variable), this is often the cause of failed deploys.

If you’re still having an issues, please share some more specific details of the issue you are experiencing that may help us troubleshoot it with you, e.g. any logs/errors/output, specific URLs, service name/ID, reproduction steps, etc. If you don’t want to share these details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket from the “Contact Support” link at the bottom of the Dashboard.

Alan

Hi, turns out I was not binding to the proper port. I just modified my start command to bind to the port, and it fixed it! Thank you for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.