Unable to use render with Cloudflare DNS

Hi everybody!

I’ve been trying out Render for a website that’s behind Cloudflare and also uses Cloudflare DNS. When I point my domain to my onrender.com URL I get the following error:

(alt text: Error 1000 – You’ve requested a page on a website that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.)

So it sounds like both my website and Render use Cloudflare which is confusing their routing. How would I go about resolving this?

Thank you!

Have you added the custom domain to your site via our dashboard? Because we use CloudFlare too, when you add the domain to your dashboard we have to create the entry for your domain in our account and it can take a few moments to update and can result in this error 1000 momentarily.

You also need to make sure you have the DNS entry set to DNS only just while we validate the domain but then once that’s verified in our dashboard you can revert back to proxied.

John B

1 Like

Thank you @John_B, that works now!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.