Unable to pay bills in India | New Reserve Bank Rules

Hey! Here in India, the RBI released a new circular around 6 months back stating that service providers won’t be able to automatically charge the standing instructions setup on credit/ debit cards from October 1st, 2021.

I am setting up these e-mandates for almost every service including Google, Google workspaces among other. Noticing that Render has still not updated it’s billing implementation, I just wanted to let you guys know about this.

Here’re a few articles about it-

1. Explained: The RBI’s order on recurring payments on credit cards | Explained News,The Indian Express
  2. Standing instructions for recurring transactions on cards to get impacted from April 1- Here is what to do - The Financial Express

I am unable to pay my invoice for the month of September since there’s no alternative payment method like PayPal. Also when I try adding a new card from Render’s billing page, it just declines saying ‘This card doesn’t support this type of transaction’ while I am using this card for all my forex subscription on platforms like Google, AWS and Azure, to name a few.

I hope that this will be worked on a priority basis, thank you.

Hi @ultra, thank you for flagging this. Could you please send an email to support@render.com with your account details, and we will help you to make a one-off payment? We’ll be investigating a longer term solution around this as well. Thanks!

Hi @ultra,

We have added a “Pay Invoice” button on the billing dashboard that you can click to be directed to a secure Stripe payment page. See below:

Let us know if you have any other issues with payment.