Subdomain on Render

Hi! I’ve created a static blog from my GitHub repo and want to use it as a blog in my subdomain, but I’m getting an error (This domain conflicts with existing base domain on another site. Please delete it from that site and try again.) every time I tried to add my custom domain like blog.mysite.com
The main domain is hosted on Namecheap with its DNS like mysite.com is on Render too.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi @ulrich,

If you’ve got a domain like my-subdomain.my-site.com and my-site.com is used by a different Render user or team, you are unable to use my-subdomain.my-site.com. If you have access to the user or team that is using the my-site.com subdomain, you can create your static blog site as that user or team.

For example, you may have created my-site.com under one of the teams you belong to, and are trying to create your blog under your personal Render account. I’d check for that.

1 Like

Hi! dan and thank you for your reply. Currently, I’m trying to deploy it as a member of the team. But even if I try it with my personal account, it remains the same.

Can you send me a link to the Render dashboard for the two sites you are trying to configure, and which domains you want to assign to them? Feel free to send this as a private message.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to send you a private message.

Resolved in private message