Stuck on Setting up Email Server

I am in the process of transferring my website hosting from Site grounds to Render.

I got stuck when setting up DNS Zone Records.

What is the correct format for adding such DNS Zone Records such as the CName, TXT Records and MX Records?

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m not 100% clear on your request, Render is not a DNS provider. You would only need to set A or CNAME records with your current DNS provider (and/or ALIAS/ANAME records if your provider supports them) when hosting services on Render and adding a custom domain.

The subject of the post mentions an email server, again, I’m not sure what you mean. If you’re trying to set up outbound email for a service you host on Render you would need your own mail provider, Mailgun, Sendgrid, etc. are common service used for sending emails from apps.

Please could you share a little more detail on what you’re trying to achieve, e.g. service name/ID, custom domain, etc. If you don’t want to share these details on the forum, please feel free to email support@render.com

Thanks

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.