SSL/TLS required

I used Render’s Postgres DB and also have a Node/Express server on Render. When trying to access a route, I am getting “SSL/TLS required”. Not sure how to solve it :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m using pg, a node package for postgres connection configuration and it looks like their docs are telling me I need a ca cert or something like that https://node-postgres.com/features/ssl
How would I find that in Render?

looks like appending ?ssl=true fixed it!
ref node.js - SSL for PostgreSQL connection nodejs - Stack Overflow

7 Likes

Thanks! I was also getting this error with a Postgres DB with Elixir/Phoenix. Kind of jarring for someone new to render.com. Onwards and upwards now!

i am also facing same issue SSL and TLS required
can anyone help

This is quite an old post, there’s a solution above, but if that’s not working for you, we’ll need more information about your issue.

It would probably be best to open a new topic or a support ticket (support@render.com) with the details of your issue, e.g. service ID, any logs/errors/output, what you’ve tried, reproduction steps, etc. So that we can troubleshoot with you further.

Alan

while trying to access my route its showing me the error SLS and TLS required and I tried the solution that are being mentioned in above but it didnt work

The API that have a connection with database is Showing the SLS & TLS required and at the same time the API that are not have a connection with database are working fine

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.