Slow response of API

After Deploying to render ( free ), the reponse time for api has been increased.

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. It was fine a couple of weeks ago, and now it takes 2 minutes for my instance to figure out it should boot up, and by that time the message I have sent it to run has been lost.

Hi,

Free instance types spin down after 15 minutes of inactivity and then will restart when they next receive a request, this restart behavior will make the first request slow. This behavior is documented at https://render.com/docs/free

If you need your service always be available, moving to a paid instance type avoids this behavior, and the service will remain running constantly.

To change the instance type, follow these steps

• Navigate to the service in our dashboard
  • Open the ‘Settings’ tab
  • Click on the ‘Change Instance Type’ button
  • Select the instance type you wish to use (the minimum to avoid sleeping is Starter)
  • If you want to change back to the free instance type, repeat this process but select ‘free’.

Kind regards

Alan

Has there a change to how long instances take to spin up on a free plan? I have been running my web app for about 6 months now and it used to take maybe 30s to spin up, now it’s taking 2m 30s.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.