Scaling Preview Environments

Hi,

I’ve been reading the docs for scaling and preview envs and I can’t see if it is possible to scale a preview environment and the scaling tab is not in the preview environment in the dashboard. I attached an excerpt from our YAML file below.

Is it possible to enable auto-scaling for a preview environment? I presume it is but just not sure what I am doing wrong.

services:
- type: web
  plan: Pro
  previewPlan: starter
  name: dashboard-backend
  env: elixir
  buildCommand: cd api && ./build.sh
  startCommand: cd api && _build/prod/rel/dashboard_api/bin/dashboard_api start
  healthCheckPath: /api/health
  scaling:
      minInstances: 1
      maxInstances: 5
      targetMemoryPercent: 80
      targetCPUPercent: 80

Hi @Jack_Kennedy,

We unfortunately do not support scaling for Preview Environments at the time - please feel free to add this as a feature request https://feedback.render.com/ so that we can gauge interest in this feature and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks - a bit hard to test how scaling might affect application code etc in that case - added here - Scaling Preview Environments | Feature Requests | Render. A workaround is probably to create another Render team or project for testing not in the preview?

Hey @Jack_Kennedy,

Thanks for creating the request - and yes, if you need to test scaling for the meantime then we would recommend doing this outside of the preview environment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.