REST API updates

Hi, new features were added to Services but it doesn’t appear that the REST API docs have been updated. For example, the root folder and path filters configuration are new but they are not available in the public REST API. I am not sure if that’s just a docs issue or if those are not yet configurable via the REST API? It would be great to be able to configure those via the API too. (Aside from that, the REST API also lacks a few other resources that are only found in the Render console.)

Hi Praneet,
We definitely have some work to catch the API up with features that we’ve delivered recently - I don’t have any time scales for that at the moment though, but will definitely pass this feedback over to the team,

Regards,

John B

@John_B thanks for the reply. There are also a few other issues I’ve collected in my tests. Can you please pass these along to the team as well? These issues affect the effectiveness of the Pulumi provider I’ve been working on. I am looking at open-sourcing the provider very soon in preview form.

1. The endpoint to update env vars uses an array of objects request body. Instead, for IaC to work well, the array of objects should be the value of another top-level property. For example, {"envVars": [{"key": "someKey", "value": "some value"}]}
  2. Headers and Redirects/Rewrites cannot be created as separate resources. This could be worked-around if the Update Service endpoint allowed updating the headers and routes too. Right now, there isn’t a way to update them after they have been specified in the Create Service method.

Praneet,

Thanks for this - I’ve passed this over to the team here,

Regards,

John B

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.