Port eacces error with Phoenix release

I’m trying to get a Phoenix app to deploy on Render. I’ve followed the docs as much as possible and although they’re out of date, I now have this error:

May 3 01:55:51 PM  12:55:51.123 [error] Failed to start Ranch listener CastWeb.Endpoint.HTTP in :ranch_tcp:listen([cacerts: :..., key: :..., cert: :..., ip: {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0}, port: 80]) for reason :eacces (permission denied)
May 3 01:55:51 PM  
May 3 01:55:51 PM  12:55:51.125 [notice] Application cast exited: Cast.Application.start(:normal, []) returned an error: shutdown: failed to start child: CastWeb.Endpoint
May 3 01:55:51 PM      ** (EXIT) shutdown: failed to start child: {:ranch_listener_sup, CastWeb.Endpoint.HTTP}
May 3 01:55:51 PM          ** (EXIT) shutdown: failed to start child: :ranch_acceptors_sup
May 3 01:55:51 PM              ** (EXIT) {:listen_error, CastWeb.Endpoint.HTTP, :eacces}
May 3 01:55:53 PM  {"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,cast,{{shutdown,{failed_to_start_child,'Elixir.CastWeb.Endpoint',{shutdown,{failed_to_start_child,{ranch_listener_sup,'Elixir.CastWeb.Endpoint.HTTP'},{shutdown,{failed_to_start_child,ranch_acceptors_sup,{listen_error,'Elixir.CastWeb.Endpoint.HTTP',eacces}}}}}}},{'Elixir.Cast.Application',start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

The relevant files are here: build.sh · GitHub

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I’m not overly familiar with Elixir/Phoenix, but it seems the error above shows IPv6 syntax (tuple of 6 0 values), where as IPv4 expects only 4 values. (looking at these docs, from the link in the gist. Render doesn’t currently support IPv6. Could that be the issue?

Kind regards

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.