Node version error deployment, unable to deploy

1 installed gem you directly depend on is looking for funding.
Run bundle fund for details
rake aborted!
JSON::ParserError: 783: unexpected token at '==> Using Node version 14.17.0 (default)

Hi there,

It looks like you might be using an outdated version of Node. Our current default is 20.15.1, but you can configure a different version that has the feature set your application requires as well. Docs: https://docs.render.com/node-version

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Mike

Render Support Engineer, MT (UTC-6, UTC-7 in Winter)

I have change my node version environment variable and set it to 20.15.1 but i’m still facing issue given below:

rake aborted!
JSON::ParserError: 783: unexpected token at '==> Using Node version 20.15.1 via environment variable NODE_VERSION

Hi there,

Since it’s not a version issue, this is likely an application issue. I recommend checking the script or code where that ParserError is pointing to and ensuring there’s not an invalid character there. Sometimes this can mean using a single quote instead of a double quote, or simply having a character where it doesn’t belong so the code or HTML cannot be parsed/processed.

Regards,
Mike

I reviewed my application code and found no issues related to JSON parsing. Additionally, I discovered that my previously deployed build has also failed, which has caused my site to go down.

Please assist me in resolving this issue. Thank you.

Hi there,

In order to dig into this service in more detail, please reach out to our Support Team via the Help link in the Dashboard. Be sure to specify the service id or name of the service having issues. This will allow us to take a closer look at what’s going on here, although the error does still suggest an application and/or configuration problem.

Regards,
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.