Nextjs node server and CDN

Hey, I just uploaded the Blitzjs application on render as a node server application, I would like to get the CDN feature on iSSG page to load it faster. is there any tips to do it on render.

thank you

Hi @mhmdAljefri ,

The Render CDN is currently only available for static sites, but we do have users setting up their own CDN for dynamic web services. You’ll need to set up the CDN yourself and point it to your Render service. If you are using a custom domain, you’ll need to point your domain’s DNS to the CDN after first adding it to your Render service and verifying it with Render through our dashboard.

1 Like

This was the solution to my problem tonight. A section on configuring a CDN for a web service should be added to the documentation. Specifically that the service needs to be verified with Render before being used as an origin server for a CDN.

In my CDN (Fastly) I also needed a particular config before it would forward requests to Render. I kept encountering 503 Error hostname doesn't match against certificate and through trial and error resolved by setting the SNI hostname to my-service.onrender.com and the Certificate hostname name to *.onrender.com. Render serves up a different certificate if the SNI hostname for the service isn’t provided.

For anyone else using Fastly or VCL the relevant SSL config is below

.ssl = true;
    .ssl_cert_hostname = "*.onrender.com";
    .ssl_check_cert = always;
    .ssl_sni_hostname = "<service-name>.onrender.com";
1 Like