Managed Mongodb (Not on private service)

I checked docs didnt find anything, the Mongodb however on private service can only be accessed from render apps while I need external connection

Do render has something like atlas does connection string ?

Hi @Mitesh_Metha. We don’t currently offer managed mongodb, but you can upvote this feature request on our feedback page if you’d like to see us add it: Support MongoDB | Feature Requests | Render.

The doc you mentioned (Deploy MongoDB | Render · Cloud Hosting for Developers) describes how to deploy mongodb as a self-managed private service with an attached disk. While there’s no external connection string, you can access the database directly from the “Shell” tab in the Render dashboard page for the mongodb service. This is described towards the bottom of the mongodb doc. You can also create a public-facing web service that connects to the mongodb service within a secure private network.

Our managed PostgreSQL databases (Databases | Render · Cloud Hosting for Developers) do have external connection strings.

The Status on feature mongodb shows In Review what does it mean ? It is being getting reviewed for Use or In review to be planned ? ETA ?

We’re still considering what the implementation would involve and haven’t officially put it on our product roadmap. So I can’t provide an ETA.

Hi. Any updates on this feature?

Hey Vincent,

Any updates on this issue will be reflected on the Feature Request. Be sure to upvote it if you haven’t already to be notified when we have an update.

Any idea on how to do this? “You can also create a public-facing web service that connects to the mongodb service within a secure private network.”

The solution here is to create a web service (example a NodeJS app Restapi) and deploy another privateservice using mongodb repo mentioned in render documentation

Upon deployment of mongodb you will get connection string like like 10.01.0.10:7678 just using this as your connecting string in env file of nodeapp

(The reason I didn’t fully go with this approach is inability to connect to this db using mongodb compass or robomongo) but for security perspective I liked it hope this helps