Mail Server on Render- what is the ideal solution?

I have already deployed a static website on render. Now I want to send emails from the contact form. But from the previous post, i understand that the smtp ports 587 is blocked! Kindly suggest ideal solutions of the following queries:

1. So how can I create mail server for static website?
  2. Is it possible to configure serverless contact form?
    Thank you
    Mahadi

FYI
I have tried with formsubmit.co guideline to set up a email sending form without any backend scripting but I don’t think it works as well.

Hey,

SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) usage is not supported on Render, including ports 25, 587, 465, and others. Instead, it is recommended to utilize the Sendgrid API for sending emails on the Render platform. You’d need to provide some more detail, e.g. any logs/error messages, reproduction steps, screenshots, etc. to show the problem you’re experiencing.

Regards.
Jérémy, Render Support

1 Like

Hi,
I have inspected the network and payload of form data, it is ok. but the recaptcha feature in formsubmit.co is causing the problem. so i would retract from my initial assessment that formsubmit.co doesn’t work on render. I think it works! now trying to get rid of recaptcha feature and wondering how to resolve this issue.
Because when I monitor the network, after clicking the submit button a link is created where form data is sent, but due to recaptcha the subject and message is lost.

website link: https://mahadihasan-automate-portfolio.onrender.com/
regards
Mahadi

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.