Is Render.com hosted in Google Cloud?

Hi! We’re happy users of Render. We’re considering also using Google Cloud services, eg Pub/Sub and Google Cloud Storage.

There would be communication between our web servers and cron jobs (hosted on Render) and the pub/sub and Google Cloud Storage buckets.

I think we’d avoid bandwidth charges if Render was hosted in Google Cloud, and we used the same region for our storage bucket as Render itself uses for our compute resources.

Can someone from Render confirm this? Thanks!

Update for anyone who’s interested - I found this post from a year ago: Does render use green energy?

It sounds like this is true for US clients right now, but is expected to change.

Hi @cldellow! I’m glad to hear that you’re liking Render. Assuming you locate your Render services in our US region, you should avoid bandwidth charges for most Google Cloud services (but not necessarily VMs) in the us-west1 region. See All networking pricing  |  VPC  |  Google Cloud for details on pricing. While we may eventually move to a different provider, we don’t currently have plans to do so. I’m sorry that I can’t be more concrete here.

Don’t hesitate to reach out with more questions.

1 Like