Is it possible to add domain and redirect to another main domain in a render deployment

Hi,

I saw render can help set up a www subdomain and redirect to @. Is it possible to manually set up a domain and forward to a main domain?

Example,
say if I have abc.com.

I’d like to set up v1.abc.com and forward it to abc.com.

Thanks

Hi, this should be configurable depending on the DNS provider you’re using. Here’s an example of what this would look like with Render and Namecheap DNS. Does this help you get started? Namecheap DNS Configuration | Render

and just to add to what @Aaron_Gruberg said here.

If your DNS provider doesn’t support redirects you have a few options

Via code - you could add v1.abc.com as a custom to your existing service on Render but then as the request arrives at your service you inspect the request host and if it’s not abc.com you redirect the request to abc.com - typically called Canonical host redirection.

A second option would be to create a second Render service which has the custom domain v1.abc.com on and write a small application that performs an HTTP 301 redirect to abc.com.

1 Like

i faced the same with all3rood.com and then it disappeared

This is actually what I want. if there is very easy way to do it, it would be great. I would like to foward URL path as well.

Thanks