How to stop a deploy without suspending the whole service?

There are multiple sessions deployed as “live” for one web service. When I deploy a new version old one is still running the backend evem though its not exposed. This is creating issues with an API which can only be accessed from one instance at a time. I want to terminate the process from older deploys. Is it possible to do that?

Hey,

Are you referring to https://render.com/docs/deploys#zero-downtime-deploys? This feature is essential for Render Web Services as it ensures that your app remains accessible during deploys, preventing downtime. If you wish to avoid zero-downtime deploys, you can achieve this by adding a Disk to your service.

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

The problem is the live deployments of older versions are causing trouble in API, and it would be much better, and I am not worrying about downtime here. I can’t add a disk here because it’s my hobby project on a free tier, which I am using for testing purpose. So downtime isn’t a big deal

Hey,

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking for here?

Jérémy.
Render Support, UTC+3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.