How to deploy nodejs app with ejs?

I am trying to deploy a nodejs app that uses ejs as the view engine. In other words, I do not have an index.html file, it is using an index.ejs file. It deploys but I get a 404 error. Is this possible in render?

Thanks

Hi there,

You’ve not provided much detail here.

At a guess, I think your need a Web Service. I get the impression you’re trying to use a Static Site, as you’re referencing static HTML files.

If that’s not it, please could you share some specific details of the issue you are experiencing that may help us troubleshoot it with you, e.g. any logs/errors/output, specific URLs, service name/ID, reproduction steps, etc. If you don’t want to share these details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket from the “Contact Support” link at the bottom of the Dashboard.

Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for the reply! Yes that is correct, I am looking to create a static site. Here is the repo: GitHub - rstor1/UTubeToMP3 the only output I see is the screenshot provided in my original question regarding the 404 not found. The url: https://utube2mp3.onrender.com

Also, this was originally deployed on Heroku but is no longer.

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
Ryan

The repo you shared doesn’t look like a static site, it uses Express. You’ll need a Web Service.

Alan

Ah ok thanks I did not realize. So if I am using ejs, should that be ok not having an index.html but an index.ejs instead?

Give it a try and let us know if you’re still having issues.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.