Docker deployment stops 30 seconds after it's live `Received signal from OS {"signal": "terminated"}`

I am trying to deploy an instance of the OpenTelemetry Collector on Render using a private service.

It seems to build fine, and be deployed, but around 30 seconds after, it shuts down.

I believe this to be a Render issue because it works fine locally and the message Received signal from OS {"signal": "terminated"} sounds like it’s coming from the Render system around the container.

I saw this post: Deploy of Docker as private service fails with timeout, and thought it could be that, but I also tried to deploy it as a web service and got the exact same problem.

The deployment has been sending some traces in the period between going live and being shutdown, so it seems to be configured correctly.

Dockerfile:

FROM alpine:latest

RUN apk --no-cache add curl

COPY ./otel-config.yaml /etc/otel/config.yaml

RUN curl -L https://github.com/open-telemetry/opentelemetry-collector-releases/releases/download/v0.66.0/otelcol-contrib_0.66.0_linux_amd64.tar.gz -o otelcol-contrib.tar.gz
RUN tar -xf otelcol-contrib.tar.gz otelcol-contrib
RUN mv otelcol-contrib otelcontribcol

EXPOSE 10000
RUN ["chmod", "+x", "/otelcontribcol"]
ENTRYPOINT ["/otelcontribcol", "--config", "/etc/otel/config.yaml"]

otel-config.yaml

receivers:
  otlp:
    protocols:
      http:
        endpoint: 0.0.0.0:10000

processors:
  batch:
    # Datadog APM Intake limit is 3.2MB. Let's make sure the batches do not
    # go over that.
    send_batch_max_size: 1000
    send_batch_size: 100
    timeout: 10s

exporters:
  logging:
    logLevel: debug
  datadog:
    api:
      site: datadoghq.com
      key: ${DATADOG_API_KEY}
  otlp/ls:
    endpoint: ingest.lightstep.com:443
    headers:
      "lightstep-access-token": "${LIGHTSTEP_TOKEN}"

service:
  pipelines:
    metrics:
      receivers: [otlp]
      processors: [batch]
      exporters: [datadog]
    traces:
      receivers: [otlp]
      processors: [batch]
      exporters: [otlp/ls, logging, datadog]

Hey Lars,

As this is about a specific service we’d request that you contact us via the ‘Contact Support’ link at the bottom of our dashboard and make sure you pick the service that this relates to from your account.

As this is a public forum it’s probably best not to share that directly here,

Regards,

John B

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.