Custom domain not working

Setup a new custom domain (pallyy.page), but its not working when I setup another domain cname to point to pallyy.page (socials.pally.to). Am I doing something wrong? I also setup a wildcard subdomain.

Essentially i want to have my customers be able to setup their own subdomain pointing to pallyy.page

It says: “This site can’t provide a secure connection”.

Any help would be great, thanks.

1 Like

Sounds like an issue with your CAA records. Check this link Custom Domains | Render · Cloud Hosting for Developers and make sure to have both letsencrypt and digicert CAA records placed. You can check with them with this neat tool: https://caatest.co.uk/

Thanks Dom. I’ve added those records, but still not seeing any changes - does it take some time to propogate?

*Update, this is the example domain I’m using, which will be the same method as my customers: socials.pally.to. I have added the CNAME to pallyy.page

Essentially it looks like this (if it helps):

1. *.pallyy.page → pallyy-page.onrender.com
  2. socials.pally.to → share.pallyy.page

**Update:

Looks like I got it working when I manually added socials.pally.to the custom domains section (it was verified automatically). As I’ll be having many users doing this, do I need to add their URL into custom domains via the API for each user?

Hi Tim,

Yes, CAA records would need to propagate and our certificate verifier retries at certain intervals, so changes like this likely won’t be instant.

However, I can see the certificate(s) have now been issued.

Kind regards

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.