Challenges on deploying my mern stack application on render

Hello guys have been trying to deploy both the frontend and backend of my mern stack application on render…but ever since , the deployment has never been successfull every day i encounter new errors …could you guys please help me deploy my mern application on render successfully

Hi,

It’s hard for anyone to provide assistance without any details.

When asking for assistance, please elaborate on your issue in as much detail as possible, e.g. logs/error messages, what you’ve tried, reproduction steps, screenshots, etc. to show the problem you’re experiencing.

For a MERN app on Render, the components would commonly be:

• MongoDB
    Render doesn’t currently offer managed MongoDB instances. It’s possible to run your own, but this would require a paid Private Service and you’d need to be comfortable with deploying, configuring, and maintaining the instance yourself, e.g., updates, optimizations, backups, etc.
    If you’d prefer a managed MongoDB service, you could use something like MongoDB Atlas. Atlas usually needs inbound IPs allowlisted, so Render’s outbound IPs are covered here: https://docs.render.com/static-outbound-ip-addresses

• Express
    The Express app would be deployed to a Render Web Service, we have a guide: https://docs.render.com/deploy-node-express-app

• React
    React apps can deployed to a Render Static Site, we have a guide: https://docs.render.com/deploy-create-react-app

• Node
    Express/React use this, so it’s a bit of a pointless letter of the acronym.

However, Render is flexible, so you could serve your React app through the Express app if you wanted. Those implementation decisions would be up to you.

Alan

Sure …some of the errors i encountered while deploying the site are as follows , for my backend deployment on render i encountered the error below
==> Checking out commit 9229a712952aaa9a0b7316b2d60b7839bd2f03bd in branch main
==> Requesting node version 18.x
==> Using Node version 18.19.1 via /opt/render/project/src/package.json
==> Running build command ‘npm install --force’…
added 290 packages, and audited 526 packages in 23s
53 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details
9 vulnerabilities (6 moderate, 3 high)
To address issues that do not require attention, run:
npm audit fix
Some issues need review, and may require choosing
a different dependency.
Run npm audit for details.
==> Uploading build…
==> Build uploaded in 9s
==> Build successful :tada:
==> Deploying…
==> Requesting node version 18.x
==> Using Node version 18.19.1 via /opt/render/project/src/package.json
==> Running ‘npm run start’

backend@1.0.0 start
node server.js
Server Running At 10000
Invalid connection string
Your service is live :tada:
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat ‘/opt/render/project/src/client/build/index.html’ and for my frontend deployment on render i encountered the error below
==> Build failed :disappointed:
==> Publish directory build does not exist!
npm audit fix --force
To address all issues (including breaking changes), run:
npm audit fix
78 vulnerabilities (1 low, 22 moderate, 41 high, 14 critical)
run npm fund for details
150 packages are looking for funding
changed 1 package, and audited 2234 packages in 8s
==> Running build command ‘npm install --force’…
poetry --version
You can test that everything is set up by executing:
Alternatively, you can call Poetry explicitly with /opt/render/project/poetry/bin/poetry.
Add export PATH="/opt/render/project/poetry/bin:$PATH" to your shell configuration file.
environment variable.
To get started you need Poetry’s bin directory (/opt/render/project/poetry/bin) in your PATH
Poetry (1.7.1) is installed now. Great!
Installing Poetry (1.7.1): Done
Installing Poetry (1.7.1): Creating script
Installing Poetry (1.7.1): Installing Poetry
Installing Poetry (1.7.1): Creating environment
Installing Poetry (1.7.1)
and these changes will be reverted.
You can uninstall at any time by executing this script with the --uninstall option,
/opt/render/project/poetry/bin
It will add the poetry command to Poetry’s bin directory, located at:
a dependency and package manager for Python.
This will download and install the latest version of Poetry,

Welcome to Poetry!

Retrieving Poetry metadata
==> Installing Poetry version 1.7.1
==> Using Poetry version 1.7.1 (default)
==> Using Python version 3.11.7 (default)
npm audit fix --force
npm audit fix
78 vulnerabilities (1 low, 22 moderate, 41 high, 14 critical)
run npm fund for details
150 packages are looking for funding
added 37 packages, removed 3 packages, changed 26 packages, and audited 2234 packages in 11s
npm audit fix --force
npm audit fix
79 vulnerabilities (1 low, 22 moderate, 41 high, 15 critical)
run npm fund for details
146 packages are looking for funding
added 1946 packages, and audited 2200 packages in 58s
==> Installing dependencies with npm…
==> Using Ruby version 3.2.2 (default)
==> Using Node version 20.10.0 (default)
==> Checking out commit 368e6966c201cc04f4c9b7ae7d0dd8275a3b612b in branch main
note that the frontend of my project’s repository is https://github.com/Felygit/frontend-nurufinance , while the backend of my project’s repository is https://github.com/Felygit/api-nurufinance …please assist me deploy my project on render

Thanks for some details, the formatting is a little hard to read, you can add three backticks ````` before and after code blocks to make them a bit more readable.

It looks like there are multiple issues here:

Your backend tries to reference the built client React code:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat ‘/opt/render/project/src/client/build/index.html’

But it won’t be able to find it as it’s in a different repo. You’ll need to choose to either:

• Make a monorepo, by moving your frontend/client code into your backend repo. Then, build it as part of the build command and serve it from the backend.

• OR, update the backend code to not look for the frontend/client code and keep them separate, Static Site for React, Web Service for backend.

There’s also an Invalid connection string message in there, which I assume is an incorrect set MongoDB connection string.

The frontend deploy logs show:

Publish directory build does not exist!

So you’ve set a Publish Directory to “build” but not created it, which implies you’re not running your build script.

Alan

when i try to make my project as monorepo as in the git repository GitHub - Felygit/drip i still encounter the error ```
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat ‘/opt/render/project/src/client/build/i please friend assist me deploy this successfully

The error is pretty clear. The /opt/render/project/src/ is where Render downloads your code, so client/build/index.html needs to be in your repo or generated as part of your build command.

Alan

therefore what is the correct solution to that, friend

please access my repository at GitHub - Felygit/drip and assist me deploy it …Thanks

Specific code implementation would be beyond the scope of our support. This doesn’t appear to be an issue with Render. Maybe other community members will be able to assist you in implementing your code.

From a quick look at the repo, it looks like you’re serving your client-side code through Express, so you likely only need to deploy to a Web Service (no separate Static Site).

Alan

if i deploy it as a web service successfully am i going to access my frontend as well,friend

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.