Bundler Install no such file or directory

I’ve got a ruby on rails web server that has been deploying just fine, but one of my recent commits I started to get this error in the deploy logs:

libruby.so.3.2 cannot open shared object file No such file or directory - /opt/render/project/.gems/ruby/3.2.0/gems/psych-5.1.1.1/lib/psych.so

The pull request that triggered the deployment did not add any new gems either, so I’m especially confused by that.

Is there any way to get more log info?

Hi there,

This issue occurs after running a build that updates the RubyGems gem. You will need to push a manual deployment with a clear build cache. I guess that for some reason, the psych gem’s native bindings haven’t been previously built. The update to RubyGems is now causing this to be used/checked, and you get this error. Clearing the build cache forces the native binding to be built as the gem is reinstalled.

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia:

Hi Keith,

Greatly appreciate that comment, I’m going to try it out. Is there a link you can point me to on how to do the manual deployment with a clear build cache option?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Doing this could be documented better. You can see the option here: https://docs.render.com/deploys#restarting-a-service. It’s in the same place as restarting your service.

Regards,

Keith
Render Support, UTC+10 :australia: