Build Successful But Deploy fails with no error message

Hello all,

Hope you are well?

Trying to deploy a discord bot, but when I deploy it, the build is successful and I can use the discord bot up until the deploy fails, when the deploy fails it doesn’t give me an error message.

also noticed that it doesn’t seem to log any messages, except when the code enters its global hander. not sure if I’m deploying it correctly,

Thanks in advanced for the help :slight_smile:

Hi Cody,

Thanks for reaching out.

And thanks for sharing the deploy logs, are you seeing any issues in the runtime logs (just the “Logs” tab on the left of the service)?

Alan

Hi,

No, there is nothing in there aswell

Hi Cody,

Would you be able to share the service name/ID so that I can take a look? If you don’t want to do that on the public forum, feel free to open a ticket with support@render.com.

Thanks.

Alan

Just taking a looking back over your original message, you mention a Discord bot. Are you trying to use a Web Service? “Bots” don’t usually respond to web requests directly (like Flask or Django apps), so if you’re using a Web Service it’s probably going to fail to deploy. You’ll likely need a Background Worker.

Alan

Hi,

Oh, Thanks for that!

Cody

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.