Uploading files manually while also using git

I have an app correctly running on render, it’s connected to git. The problem is that I need to put on render some files that I can’t push to git. How can i do this?

Hi,

With a paid instance you could use the “Shell” tab/SSH to transfer files to a running instance, however the file would only exist until the instance restarted.

Render instances have an ephemeral filesystem, meaning any file written to the instance after it has booted will be lost when it next restarts (e.g. spun down if on free instance type, next deploy, manual restart, etc.).

You’ve not mentioned what your use case is, but if you’re referring to credentials/tokens/secret files, you may be able to use the “Secret Files” feature under the “Environment” tab of a service

If you mean you want your service to have file uploads (e.g. a form to upload images) you’ll need to have a persistent store, e.g. a Render Disk (which is chargeable and also requires a paid instance type) or an external service like AWS S3.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.