SSH Connection fails

I have a Private Service with a disk. It’s running MongoDB inside a docker container (following the example in the docs, but have upgraded to v5).

I used to be able to ssh into this service just fine but recently I have started getting the following error:

channel 0: open failed: connect failed: ssh: rejected: connect failed (ssh: unexpected packet in response to channel open: <nil>)
Connection to ssh.oregon.render.com closed.

Hi Makrand.

Private services are only accessible by other services in the same private network. It looks like you are trying to SSH into it from the public Internet (via ssh.oregon.render.com), which will not work.

I see, is this a recent change? because I used to be able to do that.

And if I want to access my database directly from a DB client on my machine, what’s the recommended way to do that?

Hi Makrand,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was wrong about the SSH access earlier, it is possible to SSH into private services; however, for docker services, there are some limitations that you might run into. See the docs at https://render.com/docs/ssh#limitations, you might be able to resolve the SSH issue by configuring the container differently. Let me know if this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.