Shell script for Python in a NestJs backend

Hello, can someone provide documentation for how to create a Python shell script that executes in a Nest.js subdirectory after the main repo builds? Currently I have to manually go into shell and manually enter the Python installation command after the repo builds. Adding the installation command to the environmental variable does not work.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out.

I may be misunderstanding, but if you’re talking about the same service could it be added to the Build Command? For example, in a pseudo-code fashion:

install_dependencies; do_build_script; cd nest_folder && python_script

And those could be wrapped into a ./build.sh bash script to keep in your repo to make it a little tidier or if you need to add more logic.

Apologies if I’ve missed the point, if I have, please share some more details on what you’re trying to achieve, maybe the service name/ID and commands you’re looking to run, etc. to help us be able to assist further. If you don’t want to share these details on the community forum, please feel free to raise a ticket with support@render.com

Thanks

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.