Redis/RIOT Questions

Hi there,

The external addresses you use to connect to either Redis or Postgres are actually proxies and not a direct connection to the Redis instance - the proxy determines what the actual target instance is, so your 2nd and third questions are actually not relevant.

I’ve seen a similar NOAUTH error when another customer tried to use a certain client (i forget which) to make the connection, but I’ll dig it up and add this as a possible suspect here internally.

What you might be able to do as a workaround is use an SSH tunnel to proxy via an instance you have in you account.

eg:

$ ssh -N -L 5444:red-c7lu24hg7hp2d4r6m94g:6379 srv-c5i6mecobjd3doro539g@ssh.frankfurt.render.com -v

obviously, change the details so it’s your service details. That command will run and show the verbose output - you need to wait until it shows

debug1: Local forwarding listening on ::1 port 5444.debug1: channel 0: new [port listener]debug1: Local forwarding listening on 127.0.0.1 port 5444.debug1: channel 1: new [port listener]debug1: Entering interactive session.debug1: pledge: filesystem

and then in another tab/panel you can simply do:

$ redis-cli -p 5444

and you’ll be running redis-cli connecting to localhost port 5444 which is being tunnelled through the web service to the Render internal hostname of your Redis.

I hope that helps, let me know

John B