Problems with Discord bot

I have a discord bot made with node.js and have automatically deploys when push to main branch. To keep my service alive, I use a cronjob calling an endpoint of web service.

When I commit something in main, the platform builds the project. When finished, the discord bot react to a command two - three times.

If I suspend web service in Settings, the bot keeps reacting to commands (???)

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

There are a bunch of things that you probably need to know.

Bots are best deployed to us using a Background Worker - these run persistently in the background and don’t expose any web server however, these service types aren’t available with a free instance type.

If you try and run a bot via a Web Service, the deployment will probably fail, typically about 10 minutes after you’ve deployed it, and sometimes there are scenarios where 2 may be running for a period of time, this is down to our zero-downtime feature and not something that can be disabled.

We’ve been alerted to issues running Discord bots on us being rate limited by Discord, this is down to how traffic leaves our services - this may result in you receiving a 429 from Discord or having your requests rate limited - we’ve reached out to Discord but we don’t have a solution here yet.

Regards.
Jérémy, Render Support

1 Like

Well, this explains a lot. Thanks for let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.