Please tell me how to easily connect to this mysql from TablePlus

Please tell me how to easily connect to this mysql from TablePlus. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @narutedzzzz, the recommended and most secure way to deploy MySQL on Render as mentioned in the guide would be as a private service, however, private services are not publicly accessible outside your other Render services.

You might consider using a tool such as Adminer deployed on Render to be able to manage your MySQL database.

Thanks for the reply🙇‍♂️. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the mysql database I set up from adminer. I get a message saying that “Host ‘10.104.33.70’ is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server”. I have set up the docker container using the instructions from Deploy MySQL Database | Render

Hey @yuguang, I took a look at your instance and it looks like your database was initialized without a MYSQL_USER as these environment variables were added after the fact. Can you try redeploying your mysql database and when creating the private service, click the Advanced button on the bottom of the screen to add your environment variables and disk before the initial deploy?

Alternatively, you may be able to create the administrative user via the steps here: Host Is Not Allowed to Connect to This MySQL Server - vScope Support, but if the service is new, then recreating it may be an easier option.

By redeploy, do you mean “Clear cache & deploy”? If I start over
by creating a service, I need to fill in the environment variables again.
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 12.16.33 PM

@yuguang Sorry, to clarify, I meant recreate the service. When filling out the fields, there should be an advanced button at the bottom of the screen where you can populate the environment variables before the initial deploy.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try next time I use a mysql database. I ended up using sqlite to save on the costs.