Not able to see changes in csv file

I have deployed a flask application in render. The deploy was successfull. The only issue is it a portfolio webpage and it has a contact form in it. When someone enters details in it and click submit, the entries should be available in database.csv file. It worked well when launched locally from my vscode but while deployed in render where Am I supposed to view the changes?

Hi,

I think I responded to a ticket you open on the question a couple of weeks ago, but you didn’t reply.

Render instances have an ephemeral filesystem, meaning any file written/edited on the instance after it has booted will be lost when it next restarts (e.g. spun down if on free instance type, next deploy, manual restart, etc.).

If you want to use retain generated files on your service, you would need to have a persistent store, e.g. a Render Disk (disks are chargeable and require a paid instance type) or an external service like AWS S3.

You can view files on a running instance with the “Shell” tab (also require a paid instance type).

Alternative ways to retain your might want to retain data:

• Use a database, e.g. Render Postgres
  • Write the data to an online spreadsheet via an API, e.g. Google Sheets.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.